Our Word of the Week – Ogee


Ogee – Ogee, pronounced like saying the letters O.G., refers to a shape seen often in architecture, woodworking, and even aluminum gutters, of all places. An ogee shape is a curved shape that resembles an “s” shape (on its side) as shown below. It has two opposing curves that make up its length. The shape you…

Read More

Selecting Interior Trim

Interior House Trim

Selecting interior trim for your house can be a challenging task. But there’s a good trick you can use to help you make the right choices. Trim is known as “casing” and “crown molding” in the business of construction and architecture. It includes the pieces of wood around windows and doors, baseboards, chair-rails, and crown…

Read More